Air Conditioner Servicing
5th Star Air services, repairs and maintenance
If it has been over a year since your air conditioner has been serviced, then you should consider having 5th Star conduct a thorough service.
The benefits of servicing your air conditioner:
- First of all, to ascertain and ensure your air conditioner is working correctly and to its capacity
- To gain efficiency. A faulty or blocked AC unit can be up to 30% less efficient
5th Stars air conditioner service and maintenance steps:
- The first step is to test your unit with a thermometer and air flow meter before we service it. This allows us to start our diagnosis of your system and gauge if it is running efficiently and correctly
- If there are no major issues, 5th Star will clean both indoor and outdoor units and carry out the following:
- Remove all particle and pollen filters and wash if required
- Spray indoor unit coil with special coil cleaner that also disinfects and deodorizers and kills any mould deposits
- Spray drain cleaner, to loosen any deposits and kill mould deposits
- Spray outdoor unit coil with special coil cleaner, leave for approx. 10 to 20 minutes and then hose or pressure wash the outdoor coil and unit
- Wipe down unit and ensure the unit is functioning
- Check Gas pressures
- Re-test system with thermometer and air flow meter
- Complete the 5th Star air conditioner diagnosis/service report for client reference
- Recommend to make a booking within 12 months to return for another check up
Items not included in general service:
- Medium pressure water cleaning indoor unit coil
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioner Rust Proofing
Included in 5th Star service:
- Remove and wash filters with cleaner/disinfectant.
- Spray indoor fan coil with a disinfectant, deodoriser and special cleaner. (This cleans mould deposits on coil it also cleans grime build up in drains).
- Wash down outdoor unit.
- Check operation and condition of air conditioner.
- Check gas pressure and if required we recommend the 5th Star gas top up service.
- Wipe down indoor unit and ensure unit is functioning as designed
Not Included in 5th Star service:
- Disassemble machine to clean.
- Disassembling drains to locate blockage.
- Find or fix any gas leaks. (However if a 5th Star technician does find a problem, it will be recommended for repair in the report)
- Acid wash indoor unit due to excess dust build up due to poor maintenance.
- Cost of the gas top will incur an extra fee and price will be directly in relation to amount of kilos used and gas type.
- Replacement filters if required.
Gas types: R22, R32, R410a